Deadline: 30 Sept 2014
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: up to £60,000 per year, depending on experience
Location: London, Earl’s Court
Kaplan International Colleges (KIC) is one of the world’s largest education companies, delivering training to people globally. We are a division of the education company Kaplan Inc., headquartered in London and founded in 1967. KIC provides English language courses, university and exam preparation and academic foundation courses in 42 locations worldwide. Courses are taught in city centre schools, on university campuses and online.
We are currently looking for two seasoned Drupal developers to join an office in Central London.
As an Enterprise Drupal Developer you will:
- Work as part of a creative team of 30 coding developers to build new features across a range of Kaplan sites, including the main corporate site
- Work in a truly agile way, where your ideas will be heard and appreciated
- Deliver large multi-national, multi-lingual sites, in an environment with a strong bias towards LAMP
- Work across multiple projects and technologies and participate in innovative hack days, which are completely driven by the team
As an Enterprise Drupal Developer you will have:
- Strong PHP skills
- At least three years' of experience working on enterprise level Drupal builds, with a strong grasp of how to deliver in line with Drupal standards and practice
- Deep delivery experience using Drupal 7, building custom modules and getting into the PHP code to meet bespoke requirements
- Knowledge of integration via external REST APIs
- Experience coding custom migrate classes for Migrate module
- A strong understanding of how best to implement Drupal to deliver a performant site, including understanding of Drupal caching strategies
- Experience of working as part of a cross-functional team, using common delivery controls such as source control, continuous integration, test driven development, etc.
- Understanding and experience of DevOps build automation, Laravel and Drupal Commerce would be highly beneficial
- Good working knowledge of English is a must
In return, you will be offered a very good market rate salary (up to £60,000 per year, depending on your experience) as well as a range of other benefits which include private medical insurance, pension scheme and access to Kaplan’s English courses amongst others.
Please apply with your full CV and/or work you've done in the past. We'd love to also see your Drupal ID, Github ID, and/or similar. Also, please let us know if you have presented or published anywhere.
Phone: 0044 (0) 757 26 41 392